If you are looking for a delicious low FODMAP dinner in a hurry…this meal is for you. I have been on the road way too much for business lately and this One Skillet BBQ Chicken was the first recipe I whipped up on my return. My family LOVED it and it was super easy!
This post is sponsored by Casa de Sante–but as always my thoughts and opinions in this post are my own!
Casa de Sante has a wide range of FODMAP friendly certified low FODMAP products. I used Casa de Sante’s BBQ Rub in my recipe today. Casa de Sante’s BBQ Rub is made with turbinado sugar, salt, smoked sweet paprika, black pepper, asafoetida, cayenne and cumin. It is a delicious spice blend with a yummy sweet and smoky BBQ flavor! You can also use this flavorful blend as a rub on fish, chicken or beef. For my One Skillet BBQ Chicken dish, I simply sprinkled the BBQ rub mix right onto the shredded chicken in the recipe.
To make this meal in minutes, I used frozen pre-cooked rice such as Trader’s Joe’s brown or white rice packets found in the freezer section and leftover chicken. The recipe can be assembled in about 5 minutes and cooked up in about 20 minutes. How easy is that?
Here’s the recipe! Enjoy!
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice (I microwaved 1 packet of Trader's Joe frozen/cooked rice to save time)
- 3 cups shredded or bite-size cooked chicken breast (prepare chicken in advance for quick meal prep)
- 1 teaspoon Casa de Sante BBQ Rub
- 1, 14 ounce petite diced tomatoes (without onion and garlic)
- 3/4 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons garlic infused oil
- 1 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, green part only, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium size cast iron skillet or pie dish, layer cooked rice and then shredded cooked chicken.
- Sprinkle Casa de Sante BBQ rub evenly over chicken.
- Next, layer tomatoes (no need to drain any juice in the can), followed by baby spinach.
- Drizzle water and garlic infused oil over spinach.
- Cover dish with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and dish is warmed throughout.
- Garnish with fresh chopped scallion greens.