Today, is a sponsored recipe post from my friends at Casa de Sante!
Casa de Sante offers a wide variety of delicious low FODMAP staples, check them out here.
I received a flavorful + low FODMAP certified via FODMAP Friendly, Cajun/Creole Seasoning blend from Casa de Sante a few weeks ago. I love having new low FODMAP ingredients to play with in my kitchen. I thought I might try to make a low FODMAP jambalaya but then decided to create a Cajun-spiced veggie burger instead!
My veggie burgers were a huge hit w/ my boys! 🙂
My son keeps asking me to make them again!
The veggie burger recipe is vegetarian (not vegan, as it contains eggs) with a nice blend of tri-color quinoa, chickpeas, oats, gluten free panko + diced red pepper…and of course, Casa de Sante’s Cajun/Creole seasoning. Low FODMAP diet note: Small amounts of canned chickpeas are considered low FODMAP! I included just 1/4 cup chickpeas per veggie burger.
I love a simple, quick and healthy recipe–and this fits the bill. I served the veggie burger with a low FODMAP bagel made from millet! You can top the veggie burger with a slice of Swiss, Cheddar or other suitable low FODMAP cheese too.
Casa de Sante’s Cajun/Creole Seasoning blend is made with a perfect mix of salt, asafoetida, paprika, oregano, basil, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper and thyme. A flavorful spice blend with a just a little kick of heat. There are no artificial preservatives or flavors. Of course, there is NO onion & NO garlic.
Here’s my flavorful veggie burger recipe. I hope you give it a try.
- Makes 4 burgers, serving size 1 veggie burger
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa ( I used tri-color quinoa)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 c plain GF panko breadcrumbs (I used Ian's GF panko original crumbs)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Casa de Sante Cajun/Creole Seasoning (FODMAP friendly certified)
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, deseeded and finely diced (about 1/2 cup diced pepper)
- 4 slices of Cheddar, provolone or Swiss
- Add chickpeas, quinoa, oats, GF breadcrumbs, egg and Casa de Sante Cajun/Creole seasoning into blender or food processor.
- Pulse a few times (about 10 seconds) to lightly blend mixture. Mixture should retain some texture.
- Fold red bell peppers into quinoa mixture.
- Form 4 burgers.
- Prepare grill or medium skillet with a light coating of oil.
- Grill or cook burgers over medium heat for 3 minutes, then flip burgers and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Options: Add a thin slice of Cheddar, provolone or Swiss cheese on top of burger.
- Serve in a suitable bun or bagel with spring greens or over a salad.