Today, I thought I would share a quick and easy, one pan chicken dish with all the flavors of Greece.
I start the recipe by whipping up a little dressing/marinade to flavor up the chicken.
Don’t like chicken? You could swap in shrimp or firm tofu in this recipe but the cooking time would need to be adjusted down with the shrimp as it cooks up in about 10 minutes!
I absolutely love having fresh herbs on hand as they make any dish more flavorful. The bright green color they add makes the dish more beautiful too. I used both fresh oregano and dill in this recipe.
What are your favorite fresh herbs to use? I always have parsley and cilantro on hand. But, I do think dill is the prettiest. 🙂
I used sweet paprika that I had purchased in Hungary last year. It still provides a nice flavor and also a vibrant color to the chicken!
Less than one week to IBS awareness month! I look forward to keeping up the dialogue about IBS, treatments, sharing personal stories: challenges and triumphs… with all of you as we work to support IBS patients and CHANGE the future of IBS.
Please use the hashtag #IBelieveinyourStory to show your support for IBS patients via social media or other avenues you use to communicate with others.
- Serves 3-4
- 2 tablespoons garlic infused oil (I love FODY foods brand or Boyajian)
- Juice of one fresh lemon
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill (plus some for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano (plus some for garnish)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cutlets (about 3-4 pieces)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 3 ounces block of feta cheese, cut in squares
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In medium size bowl, add garlic oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, paprika, dill, oregano, dash salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add chicken to marinade mixture to evenly coat.
- Place chicken on small rimmed baking sheet.
- Add tomatoes and olives around chicken on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle any remaining marinade in bowl on tomatoes and olives.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and scatter feta pieces over chicken, tomatoes and olives; return to oven for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and feta is slightly melted.
- Remove pan from oven and garnish with more (about 1-2 teaspoons) chopped dill and oregano, if desired