I created this low FODMAP recipe with gluten free pasta and a homemade low lactose mustard-infused creamy cheddar cheese sauce. So….good! I topped this flavorful mac ‘n cheese with Case de Sante’s Golden Turmeric Low FODMAP Artisan Savory Granola. This artisan granola blend is a nice mix of corn flakes, puffed brown rice, quinoa, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pecans, sunflower & sesame seeds infused with turmeric. The granola adds an extra layer of delicious flavor, good nutrition and makes a nice crunchy topping.
Case de Sante’s hand crafted artisan granolas are unique as they are savory not sweet like traditional granola. The tasty granola adds a good dose of iron and magnesium to your diet which is an added bonus.
There is nothing quite like homemade mac ‘n cheese. It makes great leftovers, a wonderful side dish, and a hearty meal paired with a garden salad.
- Serves 8
- 1 pound gluten free pasta, cooked as directed on package. (I used Trader Joe's gluten free pasta)
- Cheese sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon gluten free flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup lactose free milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (without onion or garlic)
- 1.6 ounce Case de Sante Artisan Savory Granola--Golden Turmeric flavor
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare pasta as directed.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare cheese sauce.
- In medium size sauce pan, add butter to melt over medium heat.
- Add gluten free flour to melted butter and stir to blend.
- Gradually add cheese, milk & mustard to flour/butter mixture and stir to combine. Reduce temperature to low and allow cheese sauce to thicken, stir frequently.
- When pasta is cooked, rinse thoroughly and place in medium casserole dish.
- Add cheese sauce to pasta and stir to blend.
- Top pasta with granola and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes.