We are in for a blizzard today in New England. The weather here changes on a daily basis this time of year! It looks like we will get about a foot and half of snow and high winds. Hopefully we will not lose our power! Stay safe my fellow, New Englanders!
Last night, we enjoyed chicken street tacos for dinner and I thought I would share my recipe with you today. I have been craving a good homemade chicken street taco lately. Most tacos prepared at restaurants have garlic and onion –and although I eat them sometimes (oops)…I pay later (ouch). 😉 This recipe is so flavorful and easy to whip up…especially if you have some plain rotisserie (made without onion and garlic) or simply roasted chicken in your refrigerator ready to warm up.
You can make these street tacos from sautéed shrimp, grilled beef or pork as well. Make them your own! I sliced up some radishes, jalapeño peppers, green scallions, fresh cilantro and washed up some baby salad greens to add to the taco too.
I also used a dollop of Greek yogurt instead of sour cream–if you are particularly sensitive to lactose–simply use lactose free sour cream or lactose free plain yogurt as another option. I used a little FODY foods salsa too–which is so flavorful and made without onion and garlic…or you can make homemade salsa, I have a recipe here.
I purchased corn tortillas (not tacos) and lightly browned them in a non-stick skillet so they were lightly toasted but still pliable.
I seasoned the chicken with Casa de Sante’s Mexican Seasoning (made without onion and garlic) to infuse a little taste of Mexico. I am grateful for these easy to use low FODMAP staples in my kitchen!
- Serving size 2 tacos; Recipe yields 2 servings
- 4 corn tortillas
- 8 ounces cooked chicken
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mexican Seasoning mix without onion & garlic (I used Casa de Sante's Mexican Seasoning Mix)
- 1 cup spring mix lettuce
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar
- 4 sliced radishes
- 1 sliced and trimmed jalapeno (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions (spring onions), green part only
- 2 tablespoons plain or lactose free Greek or conventional yogurt or lactose free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons salsa made without onion and garlic (I used FODY brand)
- In medium non-stick skillet, over medium heat, add pre-cooked chicken, drizzle oil and Mexican seasoning evenly over chicken and heat until warm, remove from heat.
- In non-stick skillet, lightly toasted corn tortillas.
- Layer chicken, lettuce, cheddar, radishes, jalapeno (if using), tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, yogurt, & salsa evenly on top of lightly toasted corn tortillas.
Disclaimer: I earn commission sales through the FODY affiliate link. All comments regarding FODY foods are my own.