February is the month of love.
And…Valentine’s Day is around the corner! I have a great treat you can make for your favorite FODMAPer….even if that is YOU!
As a dietitian, I love a treat that includes a little fruit with it. These adorable pops are made with strawberries dipped in melted semi-sweet chocolate morsels and sprinkles! You can purchase mini bamboo skewers or lollipop sticks at your local craft store.
These are so easy and fun. Especially with an assortment of sprinkles. No joke…I have about 25 different kinds of sprinkles….kinda obsessed!
Ready to dive in?
- Serving size: 2 pops
- 8 medium to large strawberries, washed and dried
- 8 lollipop sticks or short 5 inch bamboo skewers
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- assorted sprinkles
- 2-3 medium size glasses or coffee mugs
- Gently place a lollipop stick/bamboo skewer in each strawberry.
- Place chocolate chips and oil in microwave safe dish. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds, stir chocolate and heat again for another 20 seconds. (note: microwaves may vary in cooking time; be carful not to burn chocolate!).
- Dip strawberries halfway in melted chocolate and then add a few sprinkles to wet chocolate.
- Place strawberry pop upright in cup or mug.
- Continue with the rest of the strawberries; place about 3-4 pops in each glass/mug.
- Carefully place strawberries in the refrigerator to let chocolate set.