How inviting is this cute cocktail?
I like to ring in the new year with a little fun and a very cute cocktail…and this one fits my criteria!
I kept a little of the crushed ice in the drink as I like it nice and chilly!
May 2016 be a year of new beginnings, great health and balance in your life!
For more cocktail inspo…I do have a cute cocktail guide on my site for $3.
To start the year off right, I decided to also do a little give-a-way.
I co-authored the 21 Day Tummy Cookbook–and it is full of many amazing low FODMAP recipes!
For a chance to win this great book, please leave a comment and share your favorite tip on how you add balance to your life. What brings you a little zen and peace?
For me, I find balance in quality time with my kids, a walk with my crazy yet sweet lab Lucy, a glass of red wine and talking with my great husband, Russ or a good run. OH…and I do love baking too!
- 1 1/2 ounces cake flavored vodka (I used Three Olives)
- 2 ounces light canned coconut milk
- 1-2 teaspoons simple syrup (made with sugar NOT high fructose corn syrup)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional) or splash of Amaretto (though this has not been tested for FODMAP content)
- crushed ice
- non pareil sprinkles
- 1 teaspoon buttercream icing or pure maple syrup
- In cocktail shaker, add vodka, coconut milk, simple syrup and almond extract or Amaretto, if using, with crushed ice.
- Shake up ingredients in cocktail shaker.
- Add icing or maple syrup to rim of martini glass and then dip in non pareils to rim glass.
- Add celebration martini mixture to glass.
- Start celebrating!