This recipe was inspired from Wendy Polisi’s site! I made slight changes to the recipe to make it low FODMAP.
First, you toast up some quinoa with coconut oil in a small saucepan. Then add the chocolate until melted. Toss in dried cranberries and chopped pecans.
Spread the mixture out on a small parchment lined baking sheet. Pop in the fridge to firm it up.
Break it in pieces and enjoy as a little sweet nosh. Sooooo…good.
The quinoa adds a little extra fiber and a slight crunch. And we all know fruit, nuts and chocolate are healthy for us…so this recipe is all good. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did this week… Not a morsel left!
- Keep to 2 x 2 inch piece per serving or as tolerated
- 1/2 cup quinoa (I used red, pre-washed quinoa)
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1//4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- Dash of cayenne, option
- In small saucepan over medium heat add quinoa and coconut oil. Stir regularly and allow some of the quinoa to pop (will change from red to white). Be careful not to burn. Toast quinoa for about 3-4 minutes---not all of the quinoa will pop!
- Add chocolate chips and stir while chocolate melts.
- When chocolate is melted, fold in cranberries, pecans and cayenne, if using.
- Spread mixture on small baking sheet lined w/ parchment paper.
- Place baking sheet in refrigerator to set.
- When chocolate is hardened, break into small pieces, about 2 inches x 2 inches