Well, I am back from vacation and ready to cook!
It always feels good to be back in my kitchen when I have been a way for a bit.
I definitely like my protein so I first started marinating up some chicken. I just added a little reduced sodium soy sauce, some sesame oil and minced ginger–just kept it simple and added in some boneless skinless chicken breast.
Of course, my Italian husband loves his pasta and my son Kevin does too….so I boiled up a handful of rice vermicelli noodles to toss on top of my salad mixture. These little thin noodles cook up in just 3 minutes.
Top the salad with your favorite dressing–I just added a bit of my Asian dressing–see past post here for some homemade salad dressing ideas.
What’s your favorite salad combo’s?
Here’s the recipe!
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken
- 2 TB reduced sodium soy sauce (I use San-J tamari)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, trimmed and washed and cut in bite size pieces
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 3-4 scallions, chopped (FODMAP followers use green part only)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups mandarin oranges, drained and rinsed (FODMAP followers avoid those in pear juice or with HFCS)
- 3 oz. rice vermicelli noodles (cook according to package directions) and splashed with a small amount of soy sauce and sesame oil as directed below.
- 1 TB sesame seeds, toasted if desired. (I use black and white)
- 2 TB your favorite dressing. (FODMAP followers use link in post to make your own dressings)
- Marinate chicken breast in soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger (turn a few times) --for 30 minutes or a couple hours.
- Grill chicken until cooked thoroughly and then slice in thin strips.
- Place lettuce, celery, scallion, cilantro and grated carrots onto medium size serving platter.
- Distribute mandarin oranges and grilled chicken over lettuce.
- Drizzle 1-2 tsp soy sauce and sesame oil over drained and cooked noodles. Top with a smattering of sesame seeds and place noodles in the middle of salad.
- Drizzle with your favorite dressing.