I tried this strawberry salsa at a family gathering and I was immediately hooked. It is so…..tasty. June is strawberry picking time in New England and there is nothing quite as sweet as a vine-ripened berries. Start with some grape tomatoes and fresh strawberries. Since I haven’t hit the fields yet for berry picking, I purchased some strawberries and tomatoes at the local market. Check out this strawberry salsa!
This salsa is also infused with one of my favorite herbs, cilantro. Cilantro is used in many salsa recipes and adds a very notable and in my opinion, amazing fresh taste to any homemade salsa. If you are not a cilantro fan, just leave it out.
Serve this salsa over grilled chicken or swordfish (yes, it’s yum) or with your favorite corn tortilla chips as an appetizer. Did you know strawberries have no detectable FODMAPs? If you find you can tolerate them in any serving, feel free to up the berries in this recipe!
- Serves 6
- 1 1/2-2 cups strawberries, hulled and chopped in small chunks
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green onion, green part only, chopped in thin circles
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Mix all of the ingredients together, place in refrigerator to cool and marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips or over grilled fish or chicken.