I love a simple corn tortilla or two warmed in a skillet and topped with grated cheddar, sliced tomatoes and some grilled chicken.
You just need a few simple ingredients. So easy…and yummo! 🙂
Every week, we marinate several servings of boneless chicken in homemade mustard dressing and either grill or cook the chicken on the stovetop. We love the Simple Mustardy Dressing recipe found here. Having the chicken cooked and ready to go helps simplify meal planning for a good part of the week. My son loves to take the tasty chicken in a sandwich to school and I enjoy it as a topping on a garden salad or inside a warmed corn tortilla.
This an easy lunch to whip up at home…but you could also layer the ingredients, warm up and melt the cheese in a microwave to enjoy at work. You can eat the tortilla like an open-faced sandwich or add another tortilla on top and slice up into quarters.
You could add grilled veggies, tofu, grilled shrimp or your other suitable low FODMAP ingredients. Corn tortillas can vary in ingredients, so as always, read the label! US corn tortillas have been tested by the Monash U. team and found to be low FODMAP.
This morning, I am off to Indianapolis to speak on FODMAPs….one of the many FODMAP talks I am looking forward to presenting. Have a great day!
- Corn tortillas (1- 3 per serving)
- Per corn tortilla:
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces sliced grilled chicken (can sub in grilled shrimp, beef, or firm tofu)
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato (bite size pieces)
- Ground pepper, to taste
- optional garnish: 1 tablespoon green part of scallion, sliced and/or fresh chopped cilantro.
- In skillet, lightly oiled, over medium heat, add tortilla(s).
- Layer with 1/2 of the grated cheese, then the tomatoes, chicken and finish with the rest of the grated cheese.
- Heat until cheese melts, just a minute or two.
- Add another tortilla on top, if desired, and flip over to warm up and slightly brown each side. (I like to cook up 2 tortillas, open face style )
- Top off the layered tortilla with a few sliced scallion greens,fresh chopped cilantro or freshly ground pepper, if desired.
- Enjoy the cheddar and chicken corn tortillas with a side salad, baby carrots and a serving low FODMAP fruit