I don’t know about you…but Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays. Sharing love with those I care about makes my heart smile. And, adding chocolate chips to anything I bake shows my husband I am thinking about him!
So for all you chocolate chip fanatic FODMAPers out there…this recipe is for you!
I made this recipe about 6 times, tweaking the ingredients a little to create a melt in your mouth peanut butter & chocolate chip cookie yumminess. (I have a tough job! Ha!) I have to say, this recipe was very forgiving…so feel free to reduce the sugar, omit the butter, delete the salt….you will likely still end up with a delicious dessert.
Got a minute? Treat your Valentine’s Day Sweetie to this decadent dessert that is big enough to share.
- Serves 2
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gluten free flour blend (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten free 1 to 1 baking flour)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (I used Teddie Brand, all natural)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- 2 teaspoons softened butter (can delete, but makes cookie more moist)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- In coffee mug or 5.5 ounce small ramekin, place first 8 ingredients and blend with a fork until creamy.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place in microwave for 1 minute. (Note: microwaves cooking times might vary)
- Let cool for a few minutes. Enjoy!