It’s time to gear up for summertime outdoor entertaining! I love this time of year!
Today, I am sharing a very simple and healthy appetizer recipe that you can bring to your next party or enjoy as a hearty snack. Cucumber and Dill-infused Cottage Cheese Appetizer. Don’t worry FODMAPers: you can sub in lactose free cottage cheese for this recipe! Easy Peasy.Simply mix lactose free cottage cheese (I used Lactaid brand) with fresh or dry dill, add a smattering of garlic infused oil and blend. Wash cucumber and cut into 1 1/2 inch slices. Hollow out some of the seeds with a melon scooper and add a dollop of your seasoned cottage cheese mixture. Garnish with course black pepper and a few green scallion slices. You are done. 🙂
- 1 large cucumber
- 3/4 cup lactose free cottage cheese (I used Lactaid brand)
- 2 teaspoons garlic infused oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped or about 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 scallion, sliced, for garnish (green part only)
- Course ground pepper
- Wash cucumber, trim ends and cut into 1 1/2 inch slices.
- Scoop out small amount of the seeds and flesh with a melon scooper (in the center of the cucumber slice) be sure not to scoop through the other side!
- In small bowl, season cottage cheese with garlic infused oil and dill.
- Place tablespoon of cheese mixture over each prepared cucumber slice.
- Garnish with scallion slices and ground pepper.
I just returned from DDW15–Digestive Disease Week, an annual US GI conference, that was in Washington DC this year. My mind is still digesting all that I learned. There was so much interesting research shared, new product developments and more! It was such an amazing experience! I will post a re-cap on some of the top stories that I think you will be interested in early next week. Stay tuned!
For my US friends, I hope you get to enjoy a nice long weekend of relaxing this Memorial Day weekend. And of course, I want to take time to remember the veterans that gave their life to provide the freedom we enjoy daily.