There is nothing quite like springtime! The days are longer and WARMER! The trees are budding with fresh leaves and new flowers are blooming, by the day. Springtime is a time of new beginnings. Your life with a fresh new view.
Today’s post is not about actual Spring cleaning, but rather tips on looking at your life as a fresh clean start. Taking a moment to identify what is working in your life and what is not. Stop, re-group and adjust your sails.
What do you want the rest of your year to look like? Are there things in your life you could stop doing and ask someone else to do, instead? Do you take enough me time? Is your health where you want it to be? Do you have the best health team to care for your health needs? Are you in the right job? Are you spending quality time with the people who make you happy?
Occasionally, it is good to take a little my life inventory. Make a list of what you love about your life and what you don’t. Then make an action plan on how you can modify. See if you can create a life filled more with what you love and less of what you do not. I encourage you to spend more time with those you love (and love you back!), engage in activities that bring you joy and plan something for the future–as it’s so important to have something to look forward too! Maybe it is a guy/girl weekend away, taking a special class, attending that musical you have always wanted to see, a special museum exhibit…or maybe just a day alone to read a book.
If you can afford it, “farm out” jobs you dislike to do or rob you of your ‘me time’:
- Instead of ironing ALL of your work clothes, bring some to the dry cleaner.
- Swap a chore with a friend. Some people are great at organizing–ask for help! In return, cook a meal or offer up something else that you are good at and enjoy doing!
- Don’t have time to add buttons that fell off your shirt, leave that to the tailor.
- Feel like you are always rushing home to take the dog for a walk, hire a dog walker or a neighborhood kid, once a week, or ask someone else in your family to do it… so you have a day with no rush!
- Hire house cleaners–even if it’s a one time treat! Perhaps ask for this as a holiday or birthday gift.
- Hate grocery shopping? Use a delivery service. You can often save on impulse buys and use the service only during very busy times in you life.
Ditch the downers:
- Minimize your interactions with negative people or try to change the conversations to more positive upbeat topics!
- Re-evaluate the parts of your job you love and the parts you don’t…try to tweak your job description to include more of what you love.
- Create a positive, de-cluttered home and work environment so you can function at your best. “A clutter home/office is a cluttered mind.”
- Focus on the good in your life and try to be patient with the not-so-good.
New beginnings create new endings.
Take small steps to create the life, health and surroundings you deserve.
Happy Spring! Here’s to a great year ahead for all of us! 🙂
2 replies on “Spring Cleaning…your life!“
Love this post…so where I am at right now! Thanks for the inspo as always Kate.
You are inspirational and a gift to all of us who follow you. I always read something uplifting from you when I am at a low point. I can do very well but have days when my IBS knocks me for a loop. Often I cannot identify what I ate that kicked it off. But then I get on your blogs and usually just feel better. Thank you for being there for all your followers.
Comments are closed.