My son is a fan of coconut chicken, so I decided to try to create a low FODMAP version. No major adjustment needed, I simply used some corn starch and gluten free Panko bread crumbs (such as Ian’s original GF Panko bread crumbs) instead of wheat flour and wheat bread crumbs.
Another nice complement to strawberries is a light balsamic vinegar dressing. I simply mixed some high quality balsamic vinegar with garlic infused oil and seasoned with freshly ground pepper and salt. I drizzled some of this dressing on the sliced strawberries. FODMAPer tip: Per Monash University app the cut off for balsamic vinegar is 1 tablespoon per serving.
- Serves 4
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken, cut into about 12 strips
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons garlic infused oil
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup gluten free Panko bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- Balsamic Marinated Strawberry Salad:
- 6 cups baby lettuce greens (baby spinach, romaine etc)
- 2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup garlic infused oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil large baking sheet.
- Place corn starch on medium size plate, set aside.
- Whisk eggs with 2 teaspoons garlic oil.
- Mix coconut with bread crumbs and place on medium size plate.
- Dip chicken strips individually into corn starch, then eggs, then into coconut/breadcrumb mixture. Pressing crumb mix firmly into chicken; repeat with all 12 chicken strips.
- Place chicken on baking sheet and add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place prepared chicken in oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- While chicken cooks; prepare Balsamic Marinated Strawberry Salad
- Add strawberries to small glass bowl.
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar and oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1/2 of balsamic mixture to strawberries and gentle stir. Set aside.
- Place salad greens on platter and lightly toss greens with the rest of the balsamic dressing.
- Layer strawberries in the middle of the salad or as desired.
- Serve salad with baked coconut chicken.
I hope you are having a great week! Are you following me on Instagram? I know not all of you are tech savvy but I do post recipe ideas and new food product finds when I am at the grocery store etc…so it’s just another resource for you if you are new to the low FODMAP diet.