‘Tis the season for pomegranates! I love these little juicy jewels! So…I decided to incorporate some tasty nourishing pomegranate seeds into a salad recipe. Here is what I came up with…I added a little of this and that and made this yummy salad. Fancy, right?
I think pomegranates add a little the holiday spirit, don’t you? The red seeds with the salad greens just screams FESTIVE to me. And anything with orange, pecans and goat cheese is a true friend of mine. I think this salad might make a nice addition to my holiday menu and maybe yours?!
FODMAPers: Pomegranate seeds have a 1/4 cup limit per the Monash U. app.Since nut and fruit quantities are limited on the low FODMAP diet, I used these ingredients sparingly just to add a splash of color and flavor.
- Serves 6
- 6 cups baby salad greens such as romaine, arugula, spinach
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pecans, lightly chopped
- 1/2 orange, peeled and sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (I use Maille, choose one without onion/garlic)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Layer washed baby salad greens on a medium size platter
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, goat cheese, pecans, and orange pieces
- Whisk lemon juice, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and enjoy!
I hope you are surviving the hustle and bustle of the holiday season!