When I am craving something sweet after dinner (I hate to admit that happens nightly), I may opt to whip up some of this creamy goodness.
My dietitian colleague, Janel, turned me on to making frozen concoctions with lite canned coconut milk and I have to say it is quite yum.
This recipe is low in FODMAPs and simple to make.
Perhaps grab a handful of dark chocolate chips.
I whirled up 3 large coconut milk ice cubes, 2 medium frozen bananas (freeze just ripe bananas) and about 1/4 cup or so of coconut milk in my ninja blender. I also added a small amount of vanilla bean paste. Topped off with a small amount of chocolate chips. Yowza!
- 1 can (13.6-14 oz) Lite Coconut milk (I use Thai kitchen)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, optional
- Freeze up about half of the coconut milk in ice cube tray.
- Freeze bananas overnight.
- Place about 3 large or 6 small coconut ice cubes in blender.
- Add bananas: break in half for easier blending.
- Add in about 1/4 cup or so of refrigerated leftover coconut milk and teaspoon of vanilla. Blend until creamy.
- Top with a few dark/semi-sweet chocolate chips, if desired.
- Serves about 2-3.
On another note, one of my clients sent in a modified version of my meringue recipe on page 263 of my book, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Eating Well with IBS. She sprinkled little piles of chopped walnuts on the cookie sheet and then dropped the spoonfuls of meringue on to the walnuts. Then she dusted the tops with cocoa powder. Her daughter said they tasted like s’mores! mmmm…Check this picture out. Thanks Krista!
Speaking of the new low FODMAP booklet, the winner is DAN! I promise to do another low FODMAP booklet give-a-way next week so stay tuned for those interested. Also, thank you so much for your very generous and kind comments and for all your wonderful recipe inspirations…I attempted my first trial of a low FODMAP BBQ sauce and my son Brennan gave it a B on an ABC scale…so it’s not quite ready for publication….but I am working on it.
It’s cold and spitting rain today but I just got back from a run with my man. Russ was away all week on business travel so we both decided we could fit in a run and get caught up before our busy Friday. I love starting my day with a run.
Exercise is so good for the body and soul. I hope you get a chance to start your day with a cleansing workout.
Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Relax and enjoy!