Happy Cyber Monday! Will you be shopping today online? I will! I have just a few more gifts to purchase and my shopping will be complete! If you are looking for some self-care items, I created a holiday guide here.
This is just a quick post to share a new low FODMAP and gluten free cracker recipe with you. If you haven’t tried to make crackers yet…I promise you it is so freaking easy and a tasty little project. 🙂
All you need is a strong blender, such as a Vitamix or a food processor-almond flour, sunflower seeds, parmesan cheese, garlic infused oil (though you can sub in regular olive oil), chia seeds, paprika, salt, 1 egg and either poppy seeds or sesame seeds for a topping.
I whipped these up in no time–and my husband Russ LOVED them.
If you are looking for another homemade cracker recipe, check out my Almond Parmesan Dill Crackers here.
I have found that many low FODMAP crackers can lack flavor or simply cost too much. These crackers are so tasty and will be devoured by everyone–food intolerance or not.
Here’s the recipe, friends!
- Makes 20 crackers; Serving size 4 crackers
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused oil
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon good quality paprika
- 1 egg white
- Seed toppings: sesame seeds or poppy seeds
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Prepare medium size baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add sunflower seeds, almond flour, parmesan, garlic infused oil, chia seeds, water, dash of salt, and paprika into a food processor fit with metal blade or strong blender, such as a Vitamix.
- Pulse mixture until it combines to crumb--but some sunflower seeds may only be partially broken up (that is fine, they add a nice texture).
- Roll out mixture between two pieces of parchment to about 1/6 inch thickness.
- Trim ends of dough to form a large rectangle. Then cut out 2 inch by 1 1/2 inch rectangular size crackers and add to a baking sheet.
- Brush the top of each cracker with egg white and immediately sprinkle with sesame seeds or poppy seeds to lightly cover.
- Roll out any excess dough to cut remaining crackers and follow the previous instructions.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Let cool and store in air tight container. Enjoy within 3-5 days.
In other news…
I will be at the Barnes and Nobles bookstore in Bellingham, Massachusetts this upcoming Saturday, December 1st from 2-4 PM doing an author book signing. I would love to see you there! The low FODMAP Step by Step makes a great holiday gift!
I am gearing up for some fun holiday giveaways on my Instagram account during the month of December! If you are not following me there, you might want to –and get a chance to win some gut-friendly swag! Here is the link to my Instagram account.