Hello Friends. Today’s post is a sponsored post by my friends at Casa De Sante, a purveyor of many low FODMAP certified foods. The jarred curry sauce from Casa de Sante is so delightfully tasty and fragrant but at the same time subtle and light.
I am all about quick and easy nourishing meals. Between work, school and spin class (with my husband, Russ), noone is home in the early evening to prepare meals that require extra time. When I get home from school or working out, I am SO ready for dinner the minute I walk in the door. Do you know that feeling? 🙂
This delicious curry sauce is perfect as a simmer sauce in your slow cooker or stove top, and can be whipped up into a delicious meal in no time. For today’s recipe, I simply add bite-size chicken breast pieces, canned chickpeas, and 1 cup of chopped tri-colored peppers along with one jar of Casa de Sante’s curry sauce to my slow cooker.
For a quick “rice solution”, I buy Trader Joe’s or other plain pre-cooked frozen varieties that reheat in a flash in the microwave.
You can eat this protein rich curry stew on its own or top over rice for a heartier meal.
What I like about Casa de Sante’s curry sauce is that it is certified low FODMAP, super tasty and made with simple, wholesome ingredients. I describe this curry as wonderfully flavorful but subtle and gentle on the tummy.
- Serves 4
- 1 Jar Low FODMAP Casa De Sante Curry Sauce
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 cup chopped tri-color bell peppers ( I used red, yellow and orange peppers)
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Garnish: fresh chopped cilantro and lime wedges, optional
- Optional: 4 cups cooked jasmine or basmati rice
- Add Casa de Sante's low FODMAP Curry Sauce, chicken, bell peppers and chickpeas into medium stock pot or slow cooker.
- Set stovetop on medium low and simmer for 20-30 minutes or alternatively, cook for 2 hours on low setting in crockpot. Chicken should be cooked through and tender.
- Serve with chopped fresh cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice, if desired.
- Served in soup bowl or on a plate over 1 cup of jasmine or basmati rice.