Hey Friends and FODMAPers!
I am back from Chicago after a whirlwind trip to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics annual meeting –Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE). I was fortunate to meet up with many compassionate people working to help those suffering with IBS from food companies offering low FODMAP foods such as FODY Foods, Nestle Health Science and Green Valley Organics, my friends at Monash University, the pioneers of the low FODMAP diet as well as many dietitians working in the trenches– changing lives with solid evidence-based nutritional advice. (Disclaimer: I consult for both FODY and Nestle Health Science re: the FODMAP diet. FODY link is an affiliate link.) I also provided a talk on the use of the low FODMAP diet for the Athlete with GI Distress at FNCE…so it was a busy 2 1/2 days in Chicago!
I was thrilled to have my #IBelieveinyourStory campaign highlighted at one of the FNCE sessions. If you are not aware of this campaign, please take a peek here to learn more! WE are gearing up to really push out this campaign next April 2018, for IBS Awareness Month. Your participation last year was amazing (thank YOU!!)…and I look forward to again to joining together to share our stories and support one another, stop the stigma associated with IBS, and raise funds for research. The patient experience for those who suffer with IBS needs serious change. We have some work to do –and I hope you will join me in my efforts. Together, we CAN and WILL make a difference. 🙂
I also want to share a super yummy recipe with you today! This recipe features Green Valley lactose free products. Toni Fiori RDN, my colleague and partner in crime at For a Digestive Peace of Mind ( my nutrition consulting practice), created this amazing dip for you, Low FODMAP Buffalo Chicken Dip…(my personal favorite.). A great recipe to prepare for a girl’s night out, holiday gathering or tailgate party…or maybe even lunch! 😉
If you are a fan of Buffalo chicken, you might also want to check out my Buffalo Chicken Meatballs recipe (a recipe inspired by one of my clients), which is also ah-mazing!
- Serves 6
- 12 ounces boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- ¼ cup hot sauce (without garlic, onion such as Texas Petes)
- 1 cup Green Valley lactose free sour cream
- 1 cup Green valley lactose free cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ chopped cup green onion/scallions (green part only)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine shredded chicken, hot sauce, sour cream, cream cheese,1 1/2 cups of the Cheddar cheese and 2 tablespoons of the green onion.
- Spread dip into a small casserole dish and top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until dip is nice and bubbly.
- Garnish with remaining green onion.
- Serve with baby carrots, bell peppers strips, and corn tortilla chips!