Hello Friends. You are going to looooooooove this delicious and easy fall weather inspired pumpkin recipe. You know me, I like simple recipes that don’t take too much time.
Today’s recipe: Spiced Pumpkin Mug Cake.
This warm and spice infused pumpkin cake is the perfect accompaniment to the cool fall temperatures. I always have a can of pumpkin in my pantry this time of year, do you? This morning, I was inspired to try a mug cake with pumpkin and add a little confectioner’s sugar glaze to the top. In my opinion, a little glaze makes everything a little more special.
All the ingredients are stirred in a microwave safe coffee mug and the cake is baked in less than 2 minutes right in the microwave. How easy is that?
I only used 2 tablespoons of the pumpkin, so I will use the rest to make a pumpkin bread later today.
Pumpkin is a great source of Vitamin A, fiber and is low FODMAP in a 1/4 cup serving.
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon gluten free flour blend (I used King Arthur GF multi-purpose flour blend)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-2 teaspoons milk of choice
- 1-2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- In microwave safe mug, add pumpkin, oil, flour, sugar, egg, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and baking soda. Blend ingredients until smooth.
- Place mug in microwave, and cook for 1 minute. Check for doneness with cake tester. If not cooked through, place back in microwave for another 20-40 seconds. (Microwaves vary in cooking temperature and the size of your mug will affect cooking time.)
- To make glaze, add milk to small bowl and slowly add confectioner's sugar, whisking to blend, until glaze is at desired consistency. Drizzle glaze over cake, as desired.