I know bacon isn’t the perfect health food…but I am all about balance over here. 🙂 My favorite new find is al fresco uncured chicken bacon. It tastes A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and is gluten free, no nitrates added, no artificial ingredients, fully cooked (no major mess!) and has 40% less salt than traditional pork bacon.
In case you were wondering…the chicken bacon ingredients include: skinless chicken meat, water, raw sugar and 2% or less of sea salt and celery powder. Though celery powder hasn’t been tested for FODMAPs–I am hopeful this small amount will be tolerated by most FODMAPers.
- Serves 4-6
- 4-6 cups salad greens, washed and chopped as desired
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 carrots, cut in bite size strips
- 8-10 slices bacon, cooked and cut in bite size pieces (I used al fresco fully cooked uncured chicken bacon and warmed up prior to serving.)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced into thin slices
- Sprig of fresh dill, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Layer lettuce, tomato, carrot, bacon, & avocado on platter or in medium salad bowl.
- Whisk salad ingredients together and drizzle over salad, as desired.
- Garnish with fresh dill, if using.
I hope your week is going great! I snuck up to my Maine cottage -just me and my crazy but cute lab, Lucy to get some serious writing done! I am working on my 6th book project. This book, like many of my others is a collaborative project–which is nice to have a little division of labor! I am excited to share this one w/ you all…but it will be a while yet…not until next year!
Hope you are gearing up for a great 4th of July! I am working on a post on mast cells and another one on SIBO. Stay tuned.