Summertime means salad time! And I love adding nuts and fruit to my salads! This week, I concocted a nice quick fix salad that I thought I would share with you.
I am a big fan of kale. I can honestly say I crave it. I was so happy when the Monash University researchers tested it and found it to be low FODMAP. Kale is rich in calcium, antioxidants, Vitamin K, A and C and manganese. I particularly enjoy baby kale!
For this recipe, I toasted some pine nuts in a skillet, washed up the baby kale and blueberries and whipped up a lemon mustard dressing.
- Serves 4
- 4 cups baby kale
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Lemon Mustard dressing:
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (check ingredients)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In medium skillet over medium heat, add pine nuts and cook until light toasted.
- In medium serving bowl or platter, add kale.
- Mix up Lemon Mustard Dressing by adding ingredients to a mason jar and shake until blended or in a small bowl and whisk with a fork until blended and emulsified.
- Top salad with blueberries, toasted pine nuts and drizzle with salad dressing to your taste.