Don’t fret FODMAPers, despite the garlic in the name… this salmon recipe was designed with you in mind. Enjoy the taste of garlic flavor without those frustrating fructans! Garlic infused oil can be used on the low FODMAP elimination diet because fructans, a FODMAP source, do not infused into the garlic oil. Fructans are water-soluble fibers, therefore, they do not leach into oil. Simply purchase a garlic infused oil at the grocery store or prepare your own by adding garlic cloves to simmering oil until fragrant. Remove the garlic pieces from the oil and enjoy the fragrant oil in cooking. Boyajian garlic oil is the best! I love having this product on hand. I was fortunate to partner with Boyajian oils when I created my first Balanced Box for Digestive Health. A box full of goodies for FODMAPers.
This salmon recipe creates a super tasty entree with little prep time.
- Serves 2-3 people
- 1/2 pound salmon filet
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dash of either crushed red pepper or sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In small bowl mix maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic infused oil, salt, and pepper
- Place salmon in small glass baking dish and coat with maple and garlic infused mixture.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes or sesame seeds, as desired
- Bake uncovered in oven for 20 minutes or until flaky and cooked through.