This recipe is so simple and yet….might become my new favorite!
All you need to have on hand: 1 head of romaine, a fresh lemon, garlic infused oil, shredded parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Recipe below!
What a gorgeous weekend here in New England! Saturday, I enjoyed a trip to Maine with Russ, and Russ’ folks, Tony and Mickie! It was a bit breezy, but a nice visit! Yesterday, Russ and I headed to Rhode Island to bike the East Bay Bike Path. This bike trail is by far one of the prettiest I have seen! Russ gave me the most fun beach bike for my birthday last month and I was excited to enjoy my maiden voyage on my new toy!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, rinsed, dried and cut in half
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic infused oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Brush the cut sides of the romaine lettuce evenly with 1/2 tablespoon of oil. (Don't overdo the oil as you don't want to spark a fire on the grill)
- Carefully place lettuce on grill, cut side down and cook for about 5 minutes or until lettuce is light brown; remove from grill and place on small platter.
- Drizzle grilled lettuce with lemon juice, garlic infused oil, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with shredded parmesan cheese.
- Dive in!