Hello there! I hope your week is going well so far. The weather here has been fantastic…which always makes me SO happy!
I had a full day today mostly working on my slides for my upcoming presentation on the low FODMAP diet in Washington DC @ the Expert Update on Treatments for Functional GI Disorders: A Symposium for Patients on June 22 – 23, 2014. If you are a FODMAPer, you might want to check out this presentation that will take place in Washington DC but is also available via webinar! Click here for more info!
I have been having fun making slides that I think will make the low FODMAP diet concept easier to understand–or at least that is my goal of my presentation! But….I have about 100 slides to work on! Yikes! BUT, all work and no play would be no fun so….I was sure to fit in a nice long run w/ my friend Sara this morning and do a little baking too! Actually, I did a little mixing NO actually baking…this recipe is a mix,refrigerate then eat recipe…so easy and super yummy….And, yes, low FODMAP!
Deliciousness all in one bite! I have been craving peanut butter cookies–particularly the dough 🙂 And so…I decided to make an edible somewhat healthier version for my FODMAPers and me! I hope you like it! I love the combo of orange and chocolate so added some orange zest and chopped chocolate pieces into the mix. I added a bit of oat bran, chia seeds and brown rice flour. I think oat flour may taste equally yummy…..so if you feel brave (Ha!), try that out instead of the brown rice/oat bran part of the recipe.
- Makes 12 dough bites
- 4 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon, butter at room temperature (or sub in coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon oat bran
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips/rough chopped w/ knife (safe 12 chips to garnish top of bite, if desired
- In medium bowl, mix ingredients until well blended.
- Roll dough into 12 balls and place on parchment paper lined tray.
- Top each ball w/ a semi sweet chocolate chip, if desired!
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Enjoy!