This recipe is inspired by a Martha Stewart recipe titled cornmeal-cherry cookies and my favorite Dancing Deer Cornmeal biscotti. I love anything made with cornmeal. Sooooo…..good!
I morphed the recipe a little to make it low in FODMAPs. Dried fruit tends to have FODMAPs but dried cranberries in small amounts (1 TB) are okay.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, cornmeal and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat butter, sugar until creamy.
- Add in egg and vanilla until blended.
- Add in flour and cornmeal mixture gradually until creamy.
- Fold in zest and cranberries.
- Roll dough out onto parchment paper and form into 2 inch diameter log (will be about 14 inches long w/ flat edges--more in a square shape).
- Place roll of dough in refrigerator until firm--about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice dough into 1/4 inch slices and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.