Well…hello everyone. I hope you all had a great weekend and are geared up for a happy week ahead.
I have been busy.
I hosted a FODMAP dietitian workshop with my colleague, Patsy Catsos in San Diego last Thursday. I love teaching dietitians about the low FODMAP diet and this San Diego group was a lot of fun. The sunny weather in the 80s felt amazing! After a brief visit in San Diego, I headed to Portland, Oregon to a conference on small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO). This is a condition that overlaps significantly with IBS and one that I am very fascinated about… Did I mention that I LOVE to learn?….especially anything in the digestive health arena. I will be posting about the SIBO conference later this week.
But today while I am on the road, I wanted to share with you a recipe I prepared for my boys recently….and one they really seemed to enjoy. It’s low FODMAPs –and family friendly.
I found an enticing recipe for a lemon-y yogurt marinated chicken recipe and thought I would modify it for those following a low FODMAP diet. I find so many recipe inspirations on Pinterest. Do you do Pinterest? I know I have mentioned it before but I do have a few FODMAP pinterest boards that you may find interesting or perhaps helpful on your low FODMAP diet. You don’t have to join Pinterest to check them out….Click here to check out my low FODMAP diet boards.
Here is a pic of my yummy Mediterranean chicken dish! MMMM… We enjoyed this tasty chicken with Greek Orzo and it was a bit hit!
Here is the Greek Orzo….in case you missed it….so very good.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 2 pounds split breast chicken breasts
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (can sub in traditional plain lactose free yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons garlic infused oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 medium lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Arrange chicken pieces in casserole dish
- In medium bowl, combine yogurt, garlic infused oil, oregano, lemon juice and zest, salt, pepper and parsley and blend ingredients.
- Brush chicken with yogurt marinade and cover casserole dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or over night.
- Remove chicken from casserole dish and place on lightly oiled cookie sheet with sides/jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through. Cooking time may vary depending on size of chicken pieces.
Here’s to a week full of adventure, learning, happiness and peace in your heart. Good bye from San Francisco….I am on a lay over on my way back to Bean town.