What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
If you asked me what my favorite is, I would say, Maple Walnut. Even though, ice cream sometimes gives me a tummy ache, I can’t resist it, especially in the summertime.
I learn so much from my clients that visit me in my nutrition consultation practice. Last week, one of my clients mentioned she found some walnut butter at Whole Foods Market. Mmmmm, that sounded so yummy. So, I decided I would try to make some.
I then toasted them up in a skillet over medium heat as this adds a nice flavor.
Let cool a bit and then add to a food processor fit with a steel blade.
This nut butter is tasty on a rice cake with sliced banana or spread on top of your favorite toasted bread.
- 1 cup toasted walnut halves
- 1-2 TB pure maple syrup
- Add cooled walnuts to food processor fit with steel blade or Vitamix.
- Drizzle in maple syrup. Whirl until smooth.
- Enjoy any way you want it! On a rice cake, on your favorite bread, perhaps on top of mashed sweet potato (fodmap followers limit sweet potato to 1/2 cup).
- Store in refrigerator and use up in a week.
Have you tried to make your own peanut butter or other nut butters? It’s quite easy and really yummy!