This is one of those quick and easy fall back recipes for the autumn or wintertime when you don’t mind heating up your kitchen. No major ingredients necessary, just your favorite mustard, whole wheat bread crumbs (FODMAPers sub in brown rice bread crumbs), butter and center cut pork chops trimmed of fat.
I serve this up with my sweet potato fries and/or roasted veggies! You can cook up the chops and veggies in the same oven as they cook at the same temp and for about the same amount of time too.
Start with 3/4 inch center cut pork chops or you could easily substitute boneless chicken breasts if you prefer.
I like to season up the bread crumbs with a bit of salted butter but you can also sub in olive oil if you prefer. I just melted the butter and mix with crumbs and put them right on top of the pork chops.
The mustard and crumb mixture keeps the pork moist and flavorful.
- Serves 4
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs (FODMAPers use brown rice bread crumbs)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or Trader JOe's Aioli Garlic Mustard Sauce (FODMAPers stick with plain dijon such as Maille)
- 4, 3/4 inch thick center cut pork chops, trimmed of fat
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chops onto cookie sheet.
- Cover one side of chop evenly with about 1/2 tablespoon mustard
- Mix bread crumbs with melted butter or oil.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes. Until pork is not longer pink in the middle and cooked and instant read thermometer measures 160 degrees.