Start with quality ingredients to enjoy a quality end product!
This recipe is NOT FODMAP friendly.
How colorful is that? Foods with vibrant colors are often more nutritious, did you know that?
Mini Cherry Walnut Pumpkin Loaves
2 cups all-purpose flour or whole-wheat pastry flour
1 cup cornmeal, finely ground
1 ½ cups brown sugar
1 TB. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 15 oz. can pumpkin
1-cup plain Greek non-fat yogurt
1/3-cup canola oil
2 TB. walnut oil (optional)
1 cup dried cherries
½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray mini loaf pan with oil (I use a misto)
- In large bowl, combine flour though ginger and mix to be sure brown sugar is not lumpy.
- Add pumpkin, yogurt, oil(s) and eggs mixing to blend.
- Fold in cherries and nuts. Divide batter between pans and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into loaf comes out clean.
4 replies on “Mini Cherry Walnut Pumpkin Loaves“
This looks amazing but I thought cherries were high in FODMAPS?
Not all recipes on my blog are low FODMAP sorry…so please be sure to look for recipes labeled as low in FODMAPs. Yes, cherries are a no-no for low FODMAP folks.