Jump to recipe
This recipe gives a twist to traditional French Toast–adding a bit of canned pumpkin and spice. Try it –you will like it!
Here’s the recipe!
- 3 TB canned pumpkin [FODMAP followers this has not been tested my Monash, may have mannitol}
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk [FODMAP followers use lactose free]
- generous dash cinnamon
- 2 tsp maple sugar (can purchase at Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste-optional
- 3 slices favorite French toast making bread [FODMAP followers use appropriate GF bread]
- Topping: 1/2 cup chopped pecans, 1/2 TB melted butter and a generous dash of maple sugar
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add butter or olive oil to grease pan.
- Whisk pumpkin, egg, milk, cinnamon, maple sugar and vanilla paste to blend ingredients into a beautiful orange hew in a small bowl.
- Dip bread into pumpkin mixture to lightly coat each side.
- Add coated bread to skillet and cook about 3 minutes each side-turning a few times to allow for even cooking.
- Top with pecan topping.