Deelish Lemony Bread-Gluten free-FODMAPs friendly
1-2/3 cup Namaste perfect flour blend
1 tsp. gluten free baking powder
1 stick butter, room temperature
2 large eggs
3 tsp. lemon zest
2 TB. Lactose free milk
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare loaf pan with a bit oil
- Mix flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter.
- Add eggs one at a time beating to blend.
- Gently stir in lemon zest and milk.
- Add flour mixture and stir to blend.
- Add to prepared pan and place on middle rack in oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Create glaze by adding juice and sugar in microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for 30 seconds, stir and heat for another 30 seconds. Stir to blend until all sugar is dissolved. Pour over bread evenly and let sit to cool.
- Enjoy a slice or dress it up with a bit of powdered sugar.
- Everything looks better with a bit of powdered sugar, right?
9 replies on “Gluten Free & FODMAPs friendly Lemon Bread“
what foods have gluten
Very great post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to mention that I have really enjoyed surfing around your weblog posts. After all I?ll be subscribing for your rss feed and I’m hoping you write again very soon!
All we could say is yummy & thank you…more please;)
Hi Kate, I’m a recent convert to the FODMAPS approach and constantly searching for new ideas. Your site is an inspiration! This sounds yummy, but for those of us not in the USA, could you please define how much ‘1 stick butter’ weighs?
Rachel, I believe the conversion for 1 stick of butter is 113 grams.
Can you tell me if any of the more traditional grocery stores sell the Namaste flour? Example would be HvVee. Or, do people need to go to whole foods or Trader Joe’s to get these specialty flours??
I typically find Namaste products at Whole Foods. Target used to sell there products but I am not sure they do at this time. You can substitute another all purpose flour such as King Arthur GF multipurpose flour in many of the recipes that use Namaste perfect flour blend.
I have struggled with IBS for many years and recently started the FODMAP diet. I really hope that I am in the 70% group that this diet can actually help. I found your link from your Pinterest food list and will definitely try out your recipes. Keep posting and thank you!
Alyce….I hope you are in the 70+% group too!!
Kate, this was a great Post. I tolerate coffee, have learned to drink white wine with lots of ice and keep following along with your recipes (having great luck). A fatty meal is like poison to me. Tummy gets upset and then the “scoots.” Thank you for all the info you Post. Carol