Jump to recipe
This bread suits most of my clients following the low fodmap diet for IBS. Not everyone is a fan of pumpkin seeds in my house so I just scattered some on half the bread!
Love baking with this fodmap-friendly flour blend, Namaste Foods Perfect Flour Blend. It can be substituted for wheat flour and makes a superior product, in my opinion. My kids often can’t tell the difference. 🙂
I love the cloves and cinnamon in this recipe which give it a bit of spice. I hope you and your belly like this tasty bread! The butternut squash ‘fodmap limit’ is 1/4 cup (diced) so limit to one slice of bread per sitting if following the low FODMAP diet.
Gluten free Butternut Squash Bread
- 1, 14.5 oz can butternut squash
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2 cups Namaste Perfect Flour Blend or other suitable gluten free FODMAP friendly flour blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-3 TB pumpkin seeds, plain
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit and prepare loaf pan with a thin smattering of oil to cover all sides.
- In medium size mixing bowl, mix first 4 ingredients, stirring to blend
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Add mixture to loaf pan and top with pumpkin seeds, if desired
- Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.