Once again, I just wanted to share my recent recipe post that I shared on my instagram account…
Lemon-y Chicken Piccata–made easy and Low FODMAP.
I love the light flavors in this savory dish! Russ and I went to a local farmer’s market in Bethesda last Sunday and found a delicious gluten free (made with low FODMAP ingredients) fresh linguine. And it made the perfect quick fix base for this dish. A couple other quick fix low FODMAP options to consider to pair with this chicken piccata would be frozen cooked brown rice or frozen cooked quinoa (both microwaveable for quick prep)–both available at Trader Joes.
I am all about easy cooking. I love to cook –but when the recipes take too much of my brain power…it becomes more work than a joyful experience. So…here’s my quick, easy and delicious Chicken Piccata recipe for you and yours!
Quick + Easy Low FODMAP Chicken Piccata
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken breast ( about 6 cutlets)
- 1/3 cup gluten free flour blend ( I used @bobsredmill GF 1 to 1 baking flour)
- Salt, pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice ( 1 1/2 lemons)
- 1/2 lemon sliced in thin rounds
- 1/2 cup low #fodmap chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1/3 cup Italian flat parsley, chopped
- Suitable gluten free pasta cooked by package directions ( I used a fresh GF pasta linguine- cooks up in 2-3 minutes)
- Remove chicken breast cutlets
- Place ~ 1/3 cup flour on flat dinner plate ( minus 1 1/2 tablespoons of the flour, set that aside to make piccata sauce)
- Add salt & pepper, to taste
- Add one cutlet at a time to flour mixture, flip cutlet over, shake excess flour off cutlet.
- In medium skillet, add garlic infused EVOO & butter over medium heat.
- Add 2 lightly floured cutlets to skillet at a time, lightly brown on both sides- cooking through. Remove cooked cutlets to a clean plate. Cook all 6 cutlets.
- When chicken is removed from skillet, there should still be residual butter and oil in the pan. ( if not, you will need to add 2 tablespoons oil).
- Add the reserved 1 1/2 tablespoons of GF flour, to create a light roux. Slowly add in lemon juice, lemon slices and chicken broth. Stir mixture until you have a lightly thickened sauce.
- Add back chicken, reduce heat to low. Add in capers and parsley. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve some sauce & chicken over suitable pasta or over rice. Add a low fodmap vegetable to round out your meal.
3 replies on “Quick + Easy Low FODMAP Chicken Piccata“
I made this recipe exactly as written, and it was delicious!! Picatta has long been a personal favorite. Thanks very much.
Glad you enjoyed the piccata recipe!
I made this tonight and it was a family hit! I doubled the recipe so we’ll have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. For a vegetable I added fresh chopped spinach to the skillet when I returned the chicken and simmered about 5 mins. Served over red lentil spaghetti.
Thank you for so many delicious recipes. Since we started eating a low FODMAP diet, my wife said it’s like a weight has lifted from her stomach. She can’t believe what a difference it makes and having tasty meals helped ease the transition. Cooking for our family is a challenge because some are a bit picky, some need low FODMAP/low sodium/low carb! A nutritionist recommended your blog and I’m so glad she did!
Comments are closed.