Hey friends. Today, I have a fancy (low FODMAP) potato recipe. I love a good potato dish. This recipe does take a little time to put together but it is not difficult. You do need the right size pan (see recipe) and a mandoline slicer.
This is just one of those recipes that is fun to look at visually but also tastes so yummy.
I was inspired to create this recipe after perusing Pinterest the other evening. The original recipe inspiration can be found here. The original recipe used about 12 pounds of potatoes and duck fat. This sounds very decadent and certainly will feed a lot more than my modified version. It does not contain FODMAP ingredients –so is another version you could try!
I dressed up the potatoes in my recipe with a little fresh chopped rosemary and Maldon sea salt flakes.
The potatoes cooked up with a soft and creamy center layer and a nice crispy edge like a potato chips!
This potato dish can be served with scrambled eggs and fresh fruit for your next brunch (hey….Mother’s day is around the corner) or as a delicious potato side dish with grilled salmon or steak and sauteed green beans.
I hope you love them as much as I do!
Fancy (low FODMAP) Party Potatoes
- Serves 4
- 4 large starchy potatoes (about 3/4 pound PER potato; Idaho or Russet potatoes work well)
- 1 tablespoon oil (or use a spray oil such as Trader Joe's olive oil or La Tourangelle Avocado oil-both oils come in a spray bottle for easy use)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- Maldon sea salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a 1 lb loaf pan 8 x 4.5 with a light coat of oil. (The potatoes fit nicely in this 4.5 inch wide pan)
- Wash potatoes and trim the sides of a potato with a knife to form a rectangular shape, removing most but not all of the potato skin (this does not have to be perfect),
- Using a mandoline slicer, slice the potato into long thin rectangular strips (slightly thicker than a potato chip).
- Using a basting brush, brush the cut potatoes with oil or alternatively, spray them with oil. I used the La Tourangelle avocado oil in a spray bottle.
- Layer potatoes on their side in the pan, with the wide side of the potato in the bottom of pan.
- Trim potato edges if they don't fit in the pan.
- Drizzle butter over the tops of the potatoes.
- Season with salt and rosemary
- Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes.
One reply on “Fancy (Low FODMAP) Party Potatoes“
Comments are closed.