I love creating party appetizer recipes and this one makes the low FODMAP diet taste soooooo good.
The salty bacon paired with the sweet and tangy pineapple is a winning combo.Just wrap half a slice of thinly sliced cooked bacon around a bite size piece of pineapple. Drizzle with a little pure maple syrup and feel the love.
To save time–I bought pre-baked bacon and heated it up in the microwave. Wrapped it around the pineapple pieces and drizzled with a little pure maple syrup. I baked these tasty morsels for about 5 minutes to just warm up the pineapple. If you want, you can cook for a few minutes longer to brown up the pineapple and crisp the bacon a bit. Either way…it is all good. 🙂
- Adapt ingredient quantities to number you are serving --FODMAPers limit to about 5 pieces
- 10 slices pre-cooked bacon, cut in half (Or cook up raw bacon slices until slightly crisp)
- 20 bite size pieces of pineapple
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Warm bacon in microwave --just making bacon a bit more pliable to wrap (15 seconds) around pineapple. Or cook bacon, if using raw, until slightly crisp.
- Wrap pineapple pieces with bacon and secure with toothpick and place on cookie sheet.
- Drizzle pineapple pieces evenly with pure maple syrup.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes just to warm.
Russ and I are hosting a little ‘ugly sweater’ party this weekend! 🙂 …So the appetizer planning is fully underway. I like to have fun, easy but creative appetizers that everyone can enjoy. Even though bacon isn’t the healthiest of foods, it makes a nice treat at a party. Hopefully these will be a hit! Have a great rest of the week!