My colleague Patsy Catsos attended the most recent Monash University seminar on the low FODMAP diet and is on her way back to the States as we speak! To say I am excited to speak with Patsy on her return would be an understatement.
I LOVE learning more about FODMAPs. I know it might sound silly to some people, but it’s such an interesting diet and to be involved with the diet as its evolving has been so very
frustrating I mean, exciting! 🙂
So, I was able to catch some news from the ‘twitter feed’ from the Monash seminar and this is what I have learned but I will get better confirmation when I speak to Patsy. So FODMAPers…here’s the latest.
- Camomile and fennel tea have fructans–boo! BUT, tolerance may vary.
- Low FODMAP tea options: peppermint, white, black and green
- Instant coffee is high FODMAP (fructans)
- Cocoa is a source of FODMAPs–boo
- Carob found to be very high in fructans
- I think chocolate itself is okay–yay! Of course, not milk chocolate because of the lactose
- Hypnosis is therapeutic and they are undertaking a study looking at hypnotherapy with the low FODMAP diet (my clients already know this works!)
- Low FODMAP diet promising to reduce infantile colic–more to come on that via study
Of course, this info was accessed off twitter from fellow dietitians reporting. If anything changes or updates, I will be sure to post.
Enjoy the weekend.