Rich and tasty! To be enjoyed on special occasions! Is this healthy? No not a bit, except for the walnuts which are very good for you!
½ cup butter plus 1/3 cup, at room temperature
2/3 cup milk
1 packet yeast
1/3 cup sugar
3 eggs, well-beaten
3 1/3 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ cup butter, room temperature
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
6 TB. Milk
1 TB. Vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts.
- In medium size saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/2 cup butter in milk. Set aside until lukewarm (not too hot, not too cool.)
- Transfer milk mixture to large mixing bowl, add yeast and sugar and 1 cup of sifted flour. Add eggs, then the remaining flour. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in warm area to rise for 1 ½ hours)
- On floured board or parchment paper, roll out dough into rectangle about 18 inches by 12 inches.
- Spread 1/3 cup butter onto dough evenly, top with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough up from long end, so you have a 18 inch rolled log. Create a ring by attaching ends of roll-wet your fingers with water if necessary to attach.
- Place on cookie sheet carefully, and using kitchen scissors cut into ring about every 3 inches exposing rolled layers of sugar.
- Let rise again about 1 hour.
- Bake in 350 degree over for 15-20 minutes.
When coffee ring has reached room temperature, Make buttercream frosting. Cream butter, sugar, milk and vanilla with electric beaters until you have creamy frosting. Frost ring and garnish with walnuts.