Start with quality ingredients to enjoy a quality end product!
This recipe is NOT FODMAP friendly.
Mini Cherry Walnut Pumpkin Loaves
2 cups all-purpose flour or whole-wheat pastry flour
1 cup cornmeal, finely ground
1 ½ cups brown sugar
1 TB. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 15 oz. can pumpkin
1-cup plain Greek non-fat yogurt
1/3-cup canola oil
2 TB. walnut oil (optional)
1 cup dried cherries
½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray mini loaf pan with oil (I use a misto)
- In large bowl, combine flour though ginger and mix to be sure brown sugar is not lumpy.
- Add pumpkin, yogurt, oil(s) and eggs mixing to blend.
- Fold in cherries and nuts. Divide batter between pans and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into loaf comes out clean.