½ box (1 lb.) Bow tie pasta
8 oz. sugar snap peas, ends trimmed cut in thirds
1 red, yellow, green pepper, seeded and diced
1 pint grape tomatoes cut in half
¾ cup carrots, sliced or grated
¼ cup Italian dressing or French Vinaigrette
Fresh herbs for garnish makes it special: try 2 TB. Chopped parsley, chives, or basil
(Cheese or beans are optional add-ins, see below)
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, cut and chop vegetables (you can vary up the vegetables but you want about 8 cups total)
- Mix dressing with vegetables.
- Drain and rinse pasta and add to vegetables
- Garnish with your favorite fresh herb: chives, parsley, dill or basil
- Toss in a cup of canned beans or cooked beans, optional.
- You can up the protein (and calcium) further by adding ½ cup of feta, cheddar chunks, or mozzarella to this dish as well.