Great comfort food for family and friends to enjoy.
2 TB. Olive oil
½ lb. sliced mushrooms
1 cup frozen peas
4-5 chopped carrots or 1-½ -cup baby carrots pre-washed, cut in bite-size pieces
2 green onions/scallion chopped if you have them
1 rotisserie chicken- all meat removed and cut into bite size chunk (or about 2 -3 cups cooked chicken meat)
2 TB. Butter
2 TB. Flour
1,14.5 oz. can reduced sodium chicken broth
¼ cup 1% milk
1 tsp. dried tarragon
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 sheet Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry, found in freezer section, defrosted
1 TB. Melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large skillet over medium heat, add oil, mushrooms and carrots and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, pour off excess liquid.
- While veggies are cooking, toss chicken into 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Add cooked veggies to chicken and add in frozen peas.
- In same skillet, add 2 TB butter over medium heat until melted, then add flour, and stir to blend. Slowly add chicken broth. Using a whisk or folk, blend while the sauce thickens. Add milk and tarragon and continue to stir. Cook until sauce is consistency of gravy. Add to casserole dish and blend well with chicken and veggies.
- Spread out puff pastry over casserole, cutting as necessary to cover mixture. Brush top of crust with melted butter and place in oven.
- Bake for about 30-40 hour-until top is light brown and crispy.