This is a great way to use leftover quinoa. Quinoa cakes make a tasty side dish.
Quinoa is rich in protein and fiber and FODMAPs-friendly!
Makes 8 small cakes
1 cup cooked quinoa
¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano,grated
1 egg and 1 egg white, beaten
2 scallions, diced green part only
¼ cup red pepper, finely chopped
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
2 TB. Fresh parsley, chopped
dash of salt and pepper
- Mix ingredients gently in bowl until well blended.
- Heat medium skillet with 1 TB. grapeseed or olive oil over medium heat.
- Drop heaping tablespoon of mixture into pan (be careful of splattering oil) and flatten gently with spatula into pancake shape-do not flip yet!
- Let cook about 1-2 minutes until golden on edges-carefully flip and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Enjoy with grilled chicken or fish and spinach salad.