Maple Dijon Pork Kabobs (fodmaps-friendly)
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into bite size chunks (can substitute chicken)
- 2 red bell peppers, ribs and seeds removed, and cut into 1 ½ inch squares
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into 1 ½ inch chunks
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 yellow summer squash (can substitute zucchini)
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water to prevent burning
- In medium size bowl, add pork, maple syrup and mustard and mix to evenly coat pork, cover with plastic wrap and let sit in refrigerator overnight or for at least 2-3 hours to marinate.
- Preheat grill.
- Thread skewers alternating with pork, pineapple, red pepper and summer squash.
- Grill skewers for about 5 minutes, turn and cook another 5 minutes. To ensure safe cooking, be sure pork is no longer pink on the inside and instant read thermometer measures 145 degrees. For safety and quality, let pork sit for 3 minutes prior to consumption.