My daughter Chelsea is home from college and loves Brie, Apple and Walnut pizza. So… we decided to make one tonight. My brother David is the inspiration for this pizza recipe, he makes the best, too bad he doesn’t live closer to me!
We picked up a multigrain flat bread at Whole Foods this week so we used that for the crust. You can use your favorite fresh dough too and roll it out on a cookie sheet.
We treated ourselves to some very, very creamy brie. Good cheese is worth it’s weight in gold.
Drizzle honey very thinly to just get a hint of sweet.
- 1 Multigrain pizza flat bread or dough rolled out onto cookie sheet
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 wedge Brie cheese, chopped in bite size chunk
- 1 Granny Smith apple (we like pear too!) skin on, slice thinly
- A drizzle of honey
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush crust with olive oil.
- Layer crust with apple slices.
- Top with Brie chunks.
- Distribute walnuts evenly.
- Drizzle with honey-very thinly.
- Bake for 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bottom is light brown and toasted.
- This pizza taste great with a side of baby arugula salad with fresh lemon and olive oil dressing.