I love roasted cauliflower, well really, any vegetables roasted for that matter.
I washed and diced up the cauliflower and tossed with a bit of olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Added 5 cloves of garlic (who doesn’t love it?) and placed on a cookie sheet and roasted away with a smattering of pine nuts, sea salt and pepper. When the cauliflower cooled a bit, I added to my food processor to blend it up with juice of 1/2 a lemon and some Italian flat leaf parsley.I found these yummy seeded and toasted bread crostini at Whole Foods and they were perfect for the match for my cauliflower dip. What a tasty dish for an afternoon snack or appetizer for you and your swank friends.
- 1 head of cauliflower, washed and diced into florets
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- 1/3-1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Italian flat leaf parsley, loosely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Toss cauliflower with oil and place on cookie sheet.
- Add garlic cloves and season with salt and pepper
- Roast for 25 minutes, giving a stir occasionally.
- Add pine nuts to mixture and roast another 5 minutes
- Remove from oven, let cool before tossing into food processor.
- Add lemon juice and veggie mixture to food processor fit with steel blade and blend for a few minutes.
- Add parsley and blend for another minute.
- Serve with crostini and baby carrots, celery sticks etc...